Total Pageviews

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Week 44

I don't believe in giving up. In the past few weeks, Briana and I have met many challenges with her healthy eating and exercise habits. It would have been easy to write it all off and decide there wasn't any hope. Luckily, writing things off and giving up aren't in my nature. I remained hopeful that things would work out. I called, texted, and emailed the host family to make sure they knew I was here to support them. I told them to call or text anytime with questions and I was more than happy to be there for them. So imagine my joy when Briana's host mom picked her up this week armed with meal plans, a cookbook with recipes she had marked, and a list of questions for me. Hallelujuah! She said that Briana was determined to lose ten more pounds before the fashion show and she wanted to help her do it. This is what I wanted to hear. In order for Briana to succeed, she had to have this support. Without support, it would be difficult for her to maintain her weight let alone lose more. My focus for the week came down to nutrition. I spent time with Briana and her host mom going over her diet once again. Her host mom had great questions, and I felt like she was truly interested in making changes. I know change can be a challenge but having the will and desire to change is the first step. I felt encouraged about Briana's future when I witnessed this will and desire from her host mom. As for Briana, she worked hard this week. She spoke to me about diet and nutrition quite a bit. She, too, seemed to have the will and desire to make progress and lose ten more pounds. I cheered her for this and told her I was so proud. "I sure hope it's good news when you weigh me next week," she said. "I hope so, too, Briana. Just keep making healthy food choices and be sure to exercise!"

No comments:

Post a Comment